1
Forum members' repaints / Re: 104 European Diamond Katanas
« on: October 04, 2026, 01:44:22 PM »
I think I modified the props on my FS9 for the Katana, as the transparency wasn't good enough for my tastes. A fairly static disc isn't what I wanted, so I thinned out the transparency and created a radial "blurred blade" effect on it.
The backs of many props these days are painted black, and with a fairly coarse tough paint. It's because the rear of the blades gets eroded by dust and salt water over the years, and black is also kinder to the pilot sitting behind it.
I'm not quite sure how to get those texture effects in FSX. It might mean finding a suitable texture on another aircraft and creating a copy of that with the ANAI filename.
The backs of many props these days are painted black, and with a fairly coarse tough paint. It's because the rear of the blades gets eroded by dust and salt water over the years, and black is also kinder to the pilot sitting behind it.
I'm not quite sure how to get those texture effects in FSX. It might mean finding a suitable texture on another aircraft and creating a copy of that with the ANAI filename.