Author Topic: FAAM - Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements 2022  (Read 1294 times)

jhaley101

• View Profile
FAAM - Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements 2022
« on: April 25, 2022, 11:44:44 PM »
Here are 2022 plans and a link to the Bae146-300 for FAAM.

It was time to update these 6 year old plans, to include its spring 2022 schedule.   I did take some liberties to adjust the flight levels to try and capture the various levels this aircraft operates at as part of its functions.  The aircraft appears to remain parked throughout the weekends wherever its travels take it, and that is true in these plans as well. 

From the FAAM website:
With a range of 2000 nautical miles, the FAAM aircraft is capable of operating all over the world with the exception of Antarctica. FAAM have carried out science campaigns in over 30 different countries since 2004, taking the aircraft to Europe, North and South America, Africa and Asia. The aircraft can fly as low as 50 feet over the sea and sustain flight at 100 feet high. The service ceiling is 35,000 feet, which is nearly 11 km high in the atmosphere. Typically, flights will last anywhere between one and six hours, and we will carry up to 18 scientists onboard. The scientists are responsible for guiding the mission and also support the operation of up to 4 tonnes of scientific equipment, though the exact amount of equipment we take onboard depends on the mission requirements.

Here is the link to an FS9 paint, easy enough to convert to whatever suits your needs:
https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=154368

These flight plans may not be uploaded to any other site without permission. If you have any comments or questions, please contact me here via e-mail.

Enjoy!

John Haley
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:21:58 PM by jhaley101 »

charlymorton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FAAM - Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 08:06:07 PM »
Thank you very much John :D

marco1977

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 01:51:17 AM »
Hi Jon

That's a new one for me . 

Thanks for the update. :)

Marco.

Big777jet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 06:32:19 PM »
FAAM flight plan is a little odd with the attitude numbers.  I caught like this: ESNQ,2/08:12,2/11:17,040,F,0002,EGCN. It is impossible to fly too low at 4,000 ft in 2 hours trip. It could smash high antenna towers or hill terrains. or mountains.  I changed the edit to 240.  I have seen some of the segments are too low attitudes.  Please update again and fix the proper attitude sets. 

Stuart

jhaley101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 10:25:55 PM »
Thanks Stuart, yes, the FP is a little odd.  As noted in the read me, I set it up that way by design as part of the work that FAAM does. 

None of the airports in this tiny schedule are a concern for terrain or mountains or high antenna towers, nothing even close to 4000 feet, but along the way, it could be an issue.  So I've changed the smallest values on two legs to a higher level.    Glad you've made the adjustments and it works for you, but I'll keep the rest as is.     As to fixing the proper attitude, well I'll leave that one to you.  ;) ;)

John 

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 02:04:52 AM by jhaley101 »