Downloads > Other GA

All repaints I made using OCR - with original UNSAVED text elements.

(1/3) > >>

mage:
I have noticed that various text elements created by the one-click repaint have not survived the "save" operation. Consequently I have gathered the DDS files together and have created a bunch of repaints that still have these text elements in them. These are what I was intending to create and are much better than what ended up being saved.

e.g. If you look at PH-DON on the OCR link for that repaint, and the one in the collection linked here, you can see that the registration has no white panel beneath it on the link, but the one I saved at the time it was made looks much better. It is things like this and the text elements of repaints such as the Swiss Flying Club repaint just below this posting (which has all the text on my version but not on the OCR link I provide) that will be improved.

If you downloaded any of those repaints at face value, you will almost certainly have a better version in this file of collected liveries.

If I've missed anything out, let me know here and I will upload it for you.

If you use BMP format as I do, you can use my DDS2BMP converter that is up on Flightsim.com - just look for it either using that title, or by author name - Matthew Ministry - which isn't a real name, but there you go. In future I think I'll just post the DDS to avoid this problem that providing the link incurs.

charlymorton:
I'm checking to see why the registration background element is not added via the share link. As far as I can see, the information is saved.

mage:
Does the appearance of PH-DON indicate that you figured what was happening? That version you posted the link to looks much better now!

charlymorton:
Yes, for some reason I had explicitly coded the text background element to not be drawn as part of reloading the paint through the share link. I don't know why I did this. I also noticed that some the checkboxes were not saved when saving a paint. I have fixed some of them, but not sure if all have been fixed yet.

mage:
 8)

Great that you identified the problem and got a fix organized that quickly.

I was hoping that my text elements that I added to (for example) HB-CQM (Swiss Flying Club) would all reappear, but it seems that they are still gone. I'd added the text "SWISS Flying Club" on the fuselage side and "SWISS" on the engine area (together with a tiny Swiss flag instead of the airine logo) but those were apparently not saved. It might be that none of the paints done since I started are as I'd originally designed them. It was fortunate that I have saved all the files and could repost them as originally designed in here.

It might make sense to delete all my posts except for the one with the file, to save anyone from going to an incomplete repaint, although I notice that text for HB-CQZ has survived okay (just the word "Skylane").

The odd thing about HB-CQM is that the tail red band is partly made from text characters (the "full block" character) and has survived, just the readable text has gone. Perhaps it had too many text elements?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version