Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Experimental / Re: OSM Aviation Academy - Example flight plans
« Last post by jhaley101 on Today at 03:37:42 AM »
Thanks Morten

JH
Experimental / OSM Aviation Academy - Example flight plans
« Last post by charlymorton on June 28, 2022, 03:05:53 PM »
Have added support for Swedish aircraft as well (Danish aircraft are next), and here is an example of flight plans with aircraft from multiple countries.
Experimental / Re: Experimental Flight Plans - Information
« Last post by charlymorton on June 24, 2022, 08:04:31 PM »
Thanks Mage,

I would appreciate if you could send over the data you have, and the algorithm as well.

I used runway info from ourairports.com in my old flight planning system and I did some ICAO changes for the US, Canada, Malaysia and Indonesia to fit with FSX, but I haven't ported the data over to the new system yet and I don't know how good the quality of my data is.

Cheers,
Morten
« Last post by mage on June 24, 2022, 06:50:07 AM »
Hi Morten,

If you want to use the airports/runways data held in my 52-week flightplanner as a basis for your later functionality (finding suitable airports based on runway length and surface) feel free to do that. It came from an open source cache of data that is more recent than FS9s, so although the planner is geared to FS9, that data might be suitable for your purposes. There were errors and omissions in the open source stuff - a lot of which I have corrected myself - but it might still be suitable. The open source data reflectes recent - post-FS9 - changes in  ICAO codes, so things like the re-coding that Malaysia and Indonesia have done are reflected in that data.

I also have an algorithm for looking ahead for destinations within a certain number of degrees and at certain ranges (intended to get aicraft home via intermediate airports rather than relying on random airport selection - e.g. using Beijing to get from Geneva to New Zealand along a Great Circle using the Haversine Formula), and a much shorter range version of that approach might be what you need to find a likely destination for a tracked aircraft. Often the destination can be worked out from the following departure.

The flightplanner is over on Flightsim.com, and although the coding won't be of much use, the underlying data may well be.

Good luck with the project, even an old FS9er like me is interested in what comes up! :)
« Last post by jhaley101 on June 24, 2022, 12:21:52 AM »
Neat, thanks for sharing Morten
Experimental / Re: Sample flight plans
« Last post by charlymorton on June 23, 2022, 10:26:57 PM »
Part 2
Experimental / Sample flight plans
« Last post by charlymorton on June 23, 2022, 10:26:17 PM »
Part 1
Experimental / Experimental Flight Plans - Information
« Last post by charlymorton on June 23, 2022, 10:14:38 PM »
I am currently working on a system to automatically create flight plans based on tracking.

While this system is under development, I will release flight plans created by this system in this board.

Current development status
Multi-week only
Aircraft range not taken into account
Airport suitability not taken into account - this is an issue when the arrival airport is unknown and the closest suitable airport is not the closest airport
Norwegian registered aircraft only
Flight plans will be uploaded as attachments
No information on available repaints
Limited tracking sources

Planned development
Multi-week and single week flight plans
Add stops if leg is longer than aircraft's range
Change airport if selected airport is not suitable for aircraft
Add support for US, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, UK, French, Slovenian, and Swedish aircraft, with possibly more to come
Flight plans will be added to the download engine
Info on repaints with focus on paint aircraft with tracking
More tracking sources
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10