Author Topic: Fleet: Piaggio P-180 Greensill Capital Piaggio  (Read 1687 times)

jonezi

• View Profile
    • DJ Aviation Photography
Fleet: Piaggio P-180 Greensill Capital Piaggio
« on: August 26, 2021, 11:42:19 AM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:34:36 PM by jonezi »

jhaley101

• View Profile
Re: Fleet: Piaggio P-180 Sozo Aviation
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 01:03:41 PM »
Those are sweeeeeeeet!

mage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 11:42:05 PM »
Are these moving over to Sozo? I thought the Sozo fleet was a single G650.

They're all still currently registered to GFG Aviation and Greensill Capital (part of a current British scandal involving a certain David Cameron) as far as the current Manx register is concerned. It's what the "GC" in a couple of their registrations stands for. M-ETAL is probably a reference to Sanjeev Gupta's empire of steel companies that Greensill lent too much money to (GFG Aviaton, a different but related owner). The two companies became financially reliant on each other to the point of collapse.

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/what-happened-at-greensill-and-gfg-b1873972.html

mage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 06:07:41 PM »
On checking with Eurocontrol they mention that two of them are now listed with Sozo which implies that the Manx register is presumably playing catchup when it really ought to be the primary source of data. M-ETAL is still listed as GFG and the other two as Greensill, despite the fact that Greensill at least has folded. It might be that the Manx register is keeping them listed under the old owner pending liquidation or at least striking off the registrations.

https://ardis.iomaircraftregistry.com/register/search   -   looking for Piaggio as a type pulls up 5 aircraft.

I made 52-week plans for all three. My sim is frozen in 2019 and so this fleet is definitely useful! No basing info to be found, although I suspect it is Liverpool. I've put one there, one at Biggin, and the other at Farnborough. Since they fly wide-ranging multi-sector trips they're often only at their notional base one or twice a week, and somewhere around Europe the rest of the time.

Should anyone be interested, of course...

I've not been able to change the filenames to Sozo but the aircraft within their text file are renamed. You can use all 52 with the swapper routine still on Flightsim (Matthew Ministry) or just choose the one you like best.

One more detail I've read is that the Sozo GLF6 has been flown to Southampton for resale.