Author Topic: AI aircraft model sources  (Read 620 times)

Jorgen

• View Profile
AI aircraft model sources
« on: January 06, 2024, 09:09:33 AM »
Morten,

In your flight plans (groan) there are many times, in the title= line in the [fltsim] entries in the aircraft.cfg file, abbreviations for the model makers, line PTAI, CDAI and many more.

Would it be possible to publish a list that identifies these models and where they are available, if they still are available, and also indicate for which simulator they are available?

Speaking of flight plans, I am somewhere in the D's, but other people (AIG, MAIW and so one) get in the way by publishing other plans that also must be put into the simulator.... plus of course the repaints from the tireless, unpaid repainters....

Jorgen

Jorgen

• View Profile
Re: AI aircraft model sources
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 09:32:37 AM »
Thanks for those links.

I had them both (and it seems I have the honor of being banned from aitraffic.ch for some days now, when I try it I'm told I am "forbidden"), but they don't really show what I have in mind. Skycolors comes close, but seems to not have been updated for a while.

What I had in mind was something like this:

CEAI - Piper Tri-Pacer (FS9)(FSX)

LHCAI - some other aircraft

PTAI - Piper PA-18 Super Cub (FS9)

RFAI - SAN Jodel D.140 (FS9)(for FSX/P3D use DFAI)

Jorgen

mage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 10:49:58 AM »
AITraffic.ch had a need to bar access from particular types of connection (perhaps through VPNs etc) due to outsiders trying to interfere with the forum, so it might be related to their countermeasures against that behavior. If you can contact someone there, they might be able to advise on getting access.

Jorgen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 01:47:33 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I do recall seeing a warning there against being on a VPN, but since I am not I just ignored that.

Since Johh Haley has flight plans published there, then John might be the one to go to.

Thanks again -

Jorgen

charlymorton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 10:51:17 PM »
Hi Jorgen,

I think a list is a good idea. I see I use more than 70 different abbreviations, so it may take some time. So you have any particular in mind that you're unsure of?

Jorgen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 05:47:35 AM »
Any and all of them.... ;D

Jorgen