(1/2) > >>

charlymorton:
Tanzanian airfields - Part 1

HTAG - Amani Gomvu Airport, 3 parking spots
HTBB - Kibambawe Airstrip, 3 parking spots
HTKB - Kibondo Airport, 3 parking spots
HTLL - Liuli Airport, 2 parking spots
HTLD - Loliondo Airport, 4 parking spots

Please note that most airfields in Tanzania do not have an ICAO code. Where one is not available, I have decided to use HT plus the airfield's code from ourairports.com, converted to a hexadecimal code, e.g. Buckreef Airport, TZ-0139, will become HT8B.

charlymorton:
Tanzanian airfields - Part 2

HT38 - Alliance Airstrip, 3 parking spots
HTAR - Arusha Airport, 13 parking spots
HT39 - Birise Airport, 2 parking spots
HT8B - Mawemeru Airport, 3 parking spots
HTRU - Mchauru Airport, 13 parking spots

JohnL:
Many thanks for all the hard work you do improving my flightsim experience.

The readme  for Tanzania airfields part 2 has some oddities:-

The latitudes for HT38 HTAR HT39 and HTRU should read "S", not "N".

HT8B Buckreef Airport is also south of the equator, but I can't find it on GoogleEarth at  S3* 06.8220',E32* 12.9216',4265. However, there is one at S3* 05.7253',E32* 01.1688',  which matches the Buckreef Goldmine Airstrip shown on https://mining-atlas.com/operation/Buckreef-Gold-Mine.php. It appears to be lower (4017' vs 4265'), though I've not checked this on FS9 yet.

charlymorton:
Hi John,

Thanks for letting me know. There was an issue with the conversion from decimal coordinates to the FS format. I will re-upload the files this weekend.

I will correct the Buckreef airport as well. I had some problems finding it when adding it to my list, so have mistaken it with a possibly abandoned airfield at Mawemeru.

charlymorton:
Part 2 has now been updated with the correct coordinates in the readme file and HT8B has been changed to Mawemeru Airport.

Buckreef Airport will be included in one of the next parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version